Risk Factors for Postpartum Depression
- Kendall-Tackett, K. A. (2010). Four research findings that will change what we think about perinatal depression. Journal of Perinatal Education, 19(4), 7-9 [click here].
Violence against Women
- Bair-Merritt, M. H., Blackstone, M., & Feudtner, C. (2006). Physical health outcomes of childhood exposure to intimate partner violence: A systematic review. Pediatrics, 117, 278-290 [click here].
- Kendall-Tackett, K. A. (2008). Violence against women in th perinatal period: The influence of lifetime violence and abuse on pregnancy and postpartum. Trauma Psychology, 3(1), 8-11 [click here].
- Patel, R. R., Murphy, D. J., Peters, T. J., & ALSPAC. (2005). Operative delivery and postnatal depression: A cohort study. British Medical Journal, 330 [click here].
- Cranford, J. A. (2004). Stress-buffering or stress-exacerbation? Social support and social undermining as moderators of the relationship between perceived stress and depressive symptoms among married people. Personal Relationships, 11(1), 23-40 [click here].
- Harville, E. W., Xiong, X., Pridjian, G., Elkind-Hirsch, K., & Buekens, P. (2009). Postpartum mental health after Hurricane Katrina: A cohort study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 9, 21 [click here].
- Leigh, B., & Milgrom, J. (2008). Risk factors for antenatal depression, postnatal depression, and parenting stress. BMC Psychiatry, 8, 24 [click here].
- Rich-Edwards, J. W., Kleinman, K. P., Abrams, A., Harlow, B. L., McLaughlin, T. J., Joffe, H., et al. (2006). Sociodemographic predictors of antenatal and postpartum depressive symptoms among women in a medical group practice. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, 60, 221-227 [click here].
- Seng, J. S., Low, L. K., Sperlich, M., Ronis, D. L., & Liberzon, I. (2009). Prevalence, trauma history, and risk of posttraumatic stress disorder among nulliparous women in maternity care. Obstetrics & Gynecology, 114, 839-847 [click here].
- Evans, J., Heron, J., Patel, R.R., & Wiles, N. (2007). Depressive symptoms during pregnancy and low birth weight at term. British Journal of Psychiatry, 191, 84-85 [click here].
- Forbes, E. E., Cohn, J. F., Allen, N. B., & Lewinsohn, P. M. (2004). Infant affect during parent-infant interaction at 3 and 6 months: Differences between mothers and fathers and influence of parent history of depression. Infancy, 5(1), 61-84 [click here].
- Melnyk, B. M., Crean, H. F., Feinstein, N. F., & Fairbanks, E. (2008). Maternal anxiety and depression following a premature infants' discharge from the NICU: Explanatory effects of the COPE program. Nursing Research, 57(6), 383-394 [click here].
- Patel, V., Rahman, A., Jacob, K. S., & Hughes, M. (2004). Effect of maternal mental health on infant growth in low-income countries: New evidence from South Asia. British Medical Journal, 328, 820-823 [click here].
- Ansara, D., Cohen, M. M., Gallop, R., Kung, R., Kung, R., & Schei, B. (2005). Predictors of women’s physical health problems after childbirth. Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics & Gynecology, 26, 115-125 [click here].
- Herring, S. J., Rick-Edwards, J. W., Oken, E., Rifas-Shiman, S. L., Kleinman, K. P., & Gillman, M. W. (2008). Association of postpartum depression with weight retention 1 year after childbirth. Obesity, 16(6), 1296-1301 [click here].
- McGovern, P., Dowd, B. E., Gjerdingen, D., Gross, C. R., Kenney, S., Ukestad, L., et al. (2006). Postpartum health of employed mothers 5 weeks after childbirth. Annals of Family Medicine, 4(2), 159-167 [click here].
- Miller, R. L., Pallant, J. F., & Negri, L. M. (2006). Anxiety and stress in the postpartum: Is there more to postnatal distress than depression? BMC Psychiatry, 6, 12 [click here].
- Scrandis, D. A., Langenberg, P., Tonelli, L. H., Sheikh, T. M., Manogura, A. C., Alberico, L. A., et al. (2008). Prepartum depressive symptoms correlate postively with C-reactive protein levels and negatively with tryptophan levels: A preliminary report. International Journal of of Child Health and Human Development, 1(2), 167-174 [click here].
Evidence-based, With Attitude